Monday, March 15, 2010

Is Soap bad for your skin?? I think I've found a nice one..opinions please!!!!?

I keep reading everywhere how soap is bad for your skin but I have found a natural oilve oil soap that I've been using for a while now. I find it makes the skin on my face lovely and smooth. It contains the following:


Ingredients: olive oil (72%), sodium hydroxide (11%), water (17%).


I know olive oil and water are fine for my skin but what is sodium hydroxide? Is it good for my skin to continue using this on my face. So far, my skin feels great and it seems to me that the ingredients are natural.
Is Soap bad for your skin?? I think I've found a nice one..opinions please!!!!?
Don't worry about it - sodium hydroxide is a common alkali (opposite of acid) used in soapmaking. If it's working for you, keep using it!
Is Soap bad for your skin?? I think I've found a nice one..opinions please!!!!?
All soap contains sodium hydroxide, it's what makes it soap. It is drying, but some are worse than others. You can counter this a bit by using a good moisturiser. However, I never use soap on my face, just natural scrubs made from a mixture of fine oatmeal, ground almonds and honey, blended with a little hot water and left to cool. I also sometimes add cocoa butter or olive oil. These clean and exfoliate and leave the skin very soft without the drying effects of soap.
Reply:when people say that soap is bad for your skin they are normally talikng about your run of the mill hand soap (dial soap, etc.) which can be harsh and dry out the skin





the soap you are using contains hyrdrating ingredients like olive oil so it obviously won't be as harsh to the skin





make sure you use a wash cloth to mix in some light exfoliation with the soap but the soap you are using sounds fine and sodium hydroxide can't be too bad if it had worked for you thus far...


No comments:

Post a Comment