Monday, March 15, 2010

Glycolic acid skin treatments?

Can anyone share their glycolic treatment experience with me?





Toushka- if I could hear from you, it would be great!





I discover the 'power' of glycolic acid 3 months ago when I purchased a glycolic cleanser from a salon..I use it twice a day (morning and night) and have a fab clear complexion now..no more spots, nor uneven skin tone..





I also do home microdermabrasion once a week to get rid of dead skin cells..which I find gives me a bit of a glow..





I am interested to find out about more glycolic treatments. Do you think it is better to do it at the salons? What's your glycolic and skin care regime?
Glycolic acid skin treatments?
Use products with 15-20% glycolic acid. There are glycolic creams and lotions available in stores. But it's not for daily use, just every other day. You don't need a salon for this.





But there are also glycolic solutions, these have a higher glycolic content and are much more potent than creams or lotions. Dermatologists would apply this once a week only.





You need professional assistance with solutions but not with creams or lotions.





http://asianskincare.wetpaint.com/page/E...
Glycolic acid skin treatments?
I would only do the glycol thing at a beauty salon. I would be wary of home treatments as my skin is sensitive. I heard they are great on normal and oily skin types but for me they never really were a success. But hey if it works for you go for it. However I did once hear someone say that extended use can thin the skin too much and this isn't good as you age so just be careful not to overdo!
Reply:After 9 years of smoking I had a problem with dull skin and larger pores, also my forhead skin was really a state, leathery and discoloured probably sun damage too from trying to get a "glow" from tanning (I have olive skin which can be sallow at times) I discovered avon two step peel, although my sister got a home microdermabrasion kit, my skin was irritated when I tried it so I gave up on home microdermabrasion and went to a salon for professional treatment, after my first session it was great but after the third I didnt really see anything significant and at 拢60.00 a time it was getting dissappointing. So I started using Avon 2 step peel daily instead of every other day, my skin improved but after 2 weeks it kinda stopped working so I thought i'd get something stronger which is No 7 gentle glycolic peel. I also used this and bended the rules by leaving it on longer and saw a great improvement and decided to turn it up a notch and get something stronger so I found this website called www.perfectskinuk.com and am using their products now but still use dermalogica anti-bac wash. My skin always looks like I've just had a facial now and my pores look smaller every week!





Toushka


No comments:

Post a Comment